1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance.
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
5. Centralisation of credit in the banks of the state, by means of a national
bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly.
6. Centralisation of the means of communication and transport in the hands
of the State.
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the
State; the bringing into cultivation of waste-lands, and the improvement of the
soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
8. Equal liability of all to work. Establishment of industrial armies,
especially for agriculture.
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual
abolition of all the distinction between town and country by a more equable
distribution of the populace over the country.
10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of
children’s factory labour in its present form. Combination of education with
Please note, this blog is my humble attempt to summarize The Communist Manifesto. I abhor when people comment on Maxism without knowing anything about it. I also understand, most of us do not have time and energy to read the book. So, please take the essence of Marxism out of this blog. I am not claiming any originality.